A Bath and Bristol Destination Management Company (DMC)
A Bath and Bristol Destination Management Company (DMC)
We are ECT Travel, a Destination Management Company that has been based in the heart of the city of Bath since 1993. We specialise in B2B travel, creating experiential, immersive visits and activities in Bath, Bristol and across the Southwest that celebrate the region's unique creative spirit and style.
We are proud to be Bath's only DMC
The buzzing city of Bristol is only 13 miles from Bath, and the surrounding countryside boasts the world-famous sites of Glastonbury and Stonehenge, as well as Instagram-able film locations (think Pride and Prejudice and Bridgerton) and thrilling experiences such as Castle Combe’s motor racing circuit.
Bath is the only city in England that made it on TIME’s list of World’s Greatest Places 2021!
We can deliver DMC incentive travel and tours that make us stand out from other Destination Management Companies
We pride ourselves on creating bespoke local experiences in Bath, Bristol and the Southwest of England, but here are some ideas to whet your appetite. Read on and discover the experiences that make ECT Travel stand out from other Destination Management Companies
Why choose us as your DMC?
As a top B2B Destination Management Company, our role is to support you with local knowledge and services. With over 30 years in the industry, we have the expertise to deliver the specialist DMC services you are looking for in Bath, Bristol and across the Southwest of England.
- Our inside knowledge of Bath, Bristol and the Southwest of England means that we can connect you with the best venues, the most compelling activities, and the most memorable places to eat, drink, and sleep
- Our industry expertise means that we quickly understand what you and your clients are looking for
- Our long track record delivering DMC incentive travel and tours means that we create programmes that precisely meet your brief and your budget
- Our professional skill means that we can meticulously plan every detail of your programme, from airport transfers and meet and greet services to local guides and management staff, leaving you to focus on maximising the success of your event
Why choose a DMC based in Bath?
- Bath is vibrant: Home to two Universities, Bath has a young, creative spirit and a cosmopolitan cultural and entertainment scene. Delight your taste buds in the hundreds of cafes and restaurants serving everything from delicious street food to Michelin-starred dishes; kick back in cool, independent bars specialising in craft beers and gins; discover alternative comedy, live music, contemporary theatre, and a thriving, year-round programme of special events and festivals.
- Bath has outstanding history: Bath is the only city in the UK to be a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site in its entirety. Come and discover ancient hot springs and Roman Baths dating back to AD43, then step into Jane Austen’s world as you stroll past masterpieces of 18th century architecture.
- Bath is walkable: Human in scale, with plenty of green spaces and a river too, Bath’s elegant streets were designed to be explored on foot.
- Bath makes you feel good: People have been travelling to Bath in search of its healing waters for millennia and the tradition continues today. Relax, unwind, and revive body and soul in the natural hot springs of Thermae Bath Spa, home to a rooftop pool offering awe-inspiring, 360-degree views of the city and its surroundings.
- Bath is well-connected: Nestled in the rolling hills of Southwest of England, Bath benefits from excellent travel links. Just 80 minutes from London by train, 19 miles from Bristol Airport, and close to both the M4 and motorways.
- Bath offers a wealth of hotels: Whether you are looking for 5* luxury complete with a naturally-heated spa, a perfectly appointed base for meetings and conferences or a boutique independent hidden away in the Somerset countryside, there is a Bath hotel for you.
ECT Travel - your B2B Destination Management Company delivering unique travel solutions that help you achieve measurable results
A Deeper Dive
We will negotiate preferential rates at local hotels and restaurants, provide expert guides, private transfers, and create exceptional experiences best suited to your group. We can organise all the logistics from simple to more complex programmes where you need to balance a conference, meeting, or strategy planning with fun and creativity. We are open to receiving your ideas, as well as putting some suggestions your way.
Inspiration rarely comes from being in a vacuum - it's good to get out explore, enjoy, laugh, share, learn... innovate! Creativity is one of the most important components of business success, so our specially curated workshops and experiences introduce creativity to work teams.
Bristol has a long association with the 'green' movement and is proud of its status as a Green Capital. This, combined with the city’s rich tradition of innovation, maritime history and expertise from the aerospace industry, makes it a place of pioneering green innovations. Experience those innovations first-hand with a harbour cruise on Hydrogenesis, an 11m steel hydrogen-powered ferry commissioned by Bristol City Council in 2010, then step into the future of green buildings with a behind-the-scenes Sustainability Tour at We The Curious, one of the UK's most advanced low-energy installations.
Home to the renowned BBC Bristol Natural History Unit, Bristol is also the wildlife content production capital of the world. Why not boost your guest’s creativity with a tour of the cutting-edge, sustainable hub where award-winning productions including Frozen Planet, Planet Earth and Blue Planet are made?
Bristol has also lead the way in fairtrade and green food initiatives. Not only is it the home of UK's leading organic food and farming charity, The Soil Association, but it has also recently been awarded the status of Gold Sustainable Food City, in recognition of its positive agenda in seeking to solve social, environmental, and economic issues. While Bristol boasts four Michelin-starred restaurants, (putting it tied in third place with Edinburgh as the city with the most stars in the UK,) its many culinary eateries embrace the city's cultural diversity, strong belief in sustainable, and locally sourced food. Why not arrange a gastro tour of mouthwatering street food of St Nicholas Market and Tobacco Factory Market?
Each group we work with is unique, so we take a bespoke approach, putting our ideas together with your wish lists to create perfectly tailor-made programmes.
The best way to get things started is to send us an email giving us a framework of dates, group size, interests, and special requests.
Please get in touch with Theresa McDermott via the following:
We look forward to hearing from you!
We'd love to hear from you
We look forward to arranging your future holiday, and with over twenty years of experience we are here to help with any questions you may have.
0800 298 0588
Like to learn more? Just give us a call or send an email. We're here to help!