Carpet of Flowers in Brussels 2014
- Category: Floristry Tours and Exhibitions
|2014 tour||2014 tour by North Sea Ferry|
The Tour Includes
- Viewing of Carpet of Flowers from Mayor's balcony
- Bed and breakfast at designated hotel based on two people sharing a twin room
- Executive coach travel with professional tour manager
- Channel crossing or North Sea ferry crossing
- Single room supplement
- Low berth bunks and port hole cabins are available at a supplement (where specified)
- Dinner supplement
Customize your tour
14 to 17 August 2014
In Brussels the spectacular Carpet of Flowers is on display for a four day period in August at the Grand Place Square, which in itself is one of the most memorable landmarks in Brussels.
Every two years horticulturists create ornate designs placing one at a time, 300 begonias to every square metre of the ground, until approximately 750,000 flowers are in place for the entire Carpet. The ground is awash with colours. This floral masterpiece is a ‘must-see’ event for florists around the world and once witnessed the unique tapestry of flowers will never be forgotten.
European Connoisseurs Travel can also arrange a visit to one of the world’s largest botanical gardens, The National Botanical Garden of Belgium, as part of the visit. These gardens contain new species, ranging from orchids to oaks, and are conveniently situated a mere 12 kilometres (about 7.5 miles) north of Brussels.