Christmas is a-coming and this year calls for a multitude of joyous decorations.
We are thrilled to announce that we will be hosting two virtual flower demonstrations for you to join from the comfort of home. Create a table decoration and alternative door wreath with NAFAS Chair Katherine Kear and join NAFAS North Midlands Area Demonstrator Di Smith as she makes a magical winter wonderland.
If you would like to make these arrangements? Here is a list of suggested materials:
For Katherine Kear's three festive displays:
- Shallow box lid, covered, shallow tin lid, shallow trough like box or similar .
- Glue gun or strong glue
- Tree baubles, some with the tops cut off
- Either artificial or fresh foliage and flowers.
- Glittered twigs, cones
Bottle and moss design
- Flat tray, pin holders and moss
- Glittered twigs, flowers - pay attention to the thickness of stems and bottle aperture
- Selection of bottles, please note they do not have to have had alcoholic contents. I have used miniatures. You can buy small assorted bottles.
A Christmassy Leaf Tree
- Slice of wood with a bit of depth
- Stub wire, height depends on your choice of tree height, good thick gauge.
- Dried leaves
- Glitter spray, stars mini cones and glue.
Di Smith's Winter wonderland planter :
- Evergreen foliage - anything you have in your garden, for example:-
- Hedera (ivy) – long trailing pieces, sprigs c/w berries and largish leaves
- Taxus baccata (common yew)
- Cedar – any species
- Pine – any species
- Cypress - any species
TIP: For a more wintery feel, flash over the foliage with silver or white spray paint
- 2 x single block trays
- 2 x blocks of wet foam (soaked)
- Pot tape – to secure foam into trays
- 1 x planter – Di will be using a rustic wooden one flashed over with white spray paint. Size approx. 70cm (2’ 4 “)
- Pinecones – wired ready to include among the foliage
You may like to add a few white, battery fairy lights among the foliage
Are you a NAFAS member? Have you signed up to receive updates on our specially curated NAFAS travel plans?
We have some marvellous plans afoot, why not keep in the loop by signing up for our newsletter?