Below is a summary of our Booking Conditions. This summary is intended to alert you to the key points of our terms of travel.
- To make a booking you must complete and sign our booking form.
- A binding contract comes into existence once ECT Travel Ltd has dispatched a confirmation invoice to the group organiser (for group bookings) or lead passenger (for all other bookings). We must be made aware of any inaccuracies in these documents within 10 days of the issue date.
- ECT Travel Ltd requires a non-refundable per person deposit payment in order to confirm your chosen tour. Full payment must be made eight weeks prior to departure.
- Should you, or any member of your party, need to cancel your chosen tour then you must notify ECT Travel Ltd in writing. Cancellation charges range from 20% to 100% per person, depending on the length of the cancellation period.
- If a member of a group booking is unavoidably prevented from travelling, then his/her place may be transferred to another person provided that this is not less than 14 days prior to the departure date.
- You must have adequate travel and health insurance if you are travelling outside of the UK. ECT Travel Ltd will need details of your insurance policy to complete your booking. Please pay special attention to the clause covering delay and cancellation.
- Unfortunately, ECT Travel Ltd's holidays may not be suitable for people with certain disabilities or medical conditions. If you, or a member of your party, has a disability or medical condition that may affect the holiday, then you must notify us at the time you book. We strongly advise you to contact us to discuss your requirements before you book.
- A full and valid passport is required for all overseas tours. You are responsible for ensuring that you meet all necessary passport and visa requirements.
- In compliance with the UK Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992, all travel and accommodation monies received are placed in a holding Trust Account which is independently monitored by an Independent Trustee. Our ATOL Number is 6545
Our full Booking Conditions are set out here. Please read them carefully as, together with the General Information contained in the document, they form the basis of your contract with European Connoisseurs Travel (ECT Travel) and set out our respective rights and obligations. Please note, in these Booking Conditions “you” means all persons named on the booking (including anyone who is added or substituted at a later date). “We” means European Connoisseurs Travel.
Some important things to do before you travel
- Make sure your passport is in date. Some countries require six months validity.
- Check whether you will need a visa.
- If you are travelling to Europe, make sure you have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). It is free to apply via the NHS website. (Please note, EHIC is not a substitute for travel insurance.)
- Take out travel insurance. Check the small print so you can be sure it is adequate for your needs.
- Organise your currency in good time - the cheapest deals are available on-line.
- Tell your bank you are travelling abroad and that you might use your credit/debit card. Sudden overseas activity can cause the bank to become suspicious which may result in them stopping your cards.
- Make a note of your passport number in case you lose or misplace it.
- Make a list of useful numbers, for example emergency contacts if your mobile, debit or credit cards are lost or stolen.
- Check luggage allowances and pack accordingly.